Lit Flicks Challenge
I’m hosting a challenge!! As I mentioned on Wednesday, I’ll be hosting the February 2009 Bookworms Carnival, and the theme is Literature and Film. February is always a big movie month in my life, culminating in the Oscar telecast and my annual Oscar party. Anyway, as part of the celebration, I thought I’d host a challenge.
1. Challenge runs from September 1, 2008 to February 28, 2009.
2. Read 5 books that have been made into movies.
3. Then watch at least 2 of the movie adaptations of the works you read.
4. Your list may change at any time and may include overlaps with other challenges.
5. Sign up after you’ve posted about this challenge using Mr. Linky here.
6. Check in around the first of each month to find activities and giveaways for participants.
7. Link to your reviews and posts using the second Mr. Linky here.
OFFICIAL CHALLENGE PAGE
I’ve set up a challenge headquarters page. It includes all the official stuff: the button, the rules, links to lists of qualifying books, the sign-up Mr. Linky, and the review/post Mr. Linky. Head on over there and sign on up!
Here are the books I intend to read and the movies* I intend to watch:
1. Atonement, by Ian McEwan
2. The Road, by Cormac McCarthy
3. Blindness, by Jose Saramago
4. The Tale of Despereaux, by Kate DiCamillo*
5. Coraline, by Neil Gaiman*
Remember to check back around the first of each month for an activity or giveaway for challenge participants! Thanks for playing.
** My brother is offering a companion challenge for movie lovers. Check his website for more information.