The Crazy Thing I’m Doing This Month

Yep. That’s write right. I’m going to write a novel in November. This crazy event is known as NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), and the goal is to write a novel of at least 50,000 words in the thirty days known as November. I’m a WriMo known as thebluestocking. It’s my first time, and I am definitely not a writer. But I’m going to try.

I debated whether to make this crazy fact public or not, but I think I could use some accountability. So, hold me accountable. And let me know if you’re NaNo-ing this month away too.

18 Comments
POSTED IN:

18 Responses to The Crazy Thing I’m Doing This Month

1. Ooh, sounds like an adventure! I always consider it, but never do it. I’m not sure I could stay that motivated all month long.

• Jessica says:

We shall see how it goes, particularly with Thanksgiving thrown in there. I have been a lurker on the site for about three years, but this year my friend convinced me to give it a try.

2. Jenni Elyse says:

Oh, wow! So cool! I’m excited for you and can’t wait to hear about it. I’ve wanted to participate in one, but I haven’t been able to yet.

3. Good for you! I hope you rock it!

4. L says:

I like crazy ideas/events such as these. I wish you well!

my daughter is doing it, so I may. I’ve done it a couple years now and have enjoyed the camaraderie (some of your regional get-togethers might be fun).

I go by — Violaine — it was a character name, I was bored w/ my own, blog not yet born, and yeah… (i’m out of Denver)

5. Jenny says:

Oh wow! Best of Luck. I hope you have fun above all else. ;)

• Jessica says:

Thanks, Jenny. It is fun so far. I am giving myself permission to just write. And to write crappily if necessary. :)

6. Emily says:

That IS crazy! Crazy and awesome! I’m not doing it, but I will definitely cheer you along. Break a leg! (Or should it be pencil?)

7. Suey says:

Awesome! I can’t wait to hear how it goes! Do you have a big idea in mind? All outlined and ready to go? I think it sounds fun, but I am way too intimidated to try it. Maybe one of these years. November is lousy month for this though. Who’s idea was that anyway?

• Jessica says:

Thanks, Suey. I had a small idea. And I attempted to outline. But I am apparently more of a go-by-the-seat-of-my-pants writer than I thought.

And I agree that November is a lousy month for it. I’d prefer January or February or March. I’m hosting Thanksgiving this year, so we’ll see how that affects things!

8. care says:

YAY!!! Do it! Hope it is going well! And no need to respond to mynnote here so that you can devote to the novel but know that I am cheering for you!!!!

9. Care says:

AND?! You haven’t done any posts here so that means you are churning out words THERE, right? at your NaNoWriMo?!?! SQUEEEEE – keep going.