Wolf Hall Readalong

You’ve heard of Wolf Hall, right? Well, it’s okay even if you haven’t, but this book has gotten huge amounts of buzz and quite the barrel full of accolades since its 2009 release. It won the Booker that year. It also won the 2010 Tournament of Books. And its sequel, Bring Up the Bodies, also won the Booker in 2012. So, it must be read, chunkster that it is.

And if a chunkster is to be read, what better way to do it than with friends? Thus, Suey of It’s All About Books and I are hosting this readalong. We’re keeping it pretty casual. We’ve put together the suggested reading schedule below, but feel free to read at your own pace. We’ll check in with you and with each other just twice – once around the half-way point and then at the end.

We’d love to have you join is as we tackle this tome. I think the more people we have to discuss this book, the better. In addition to our posts, we’ll also be using the hashtag #WolfHall to discuss the book on Twitter.

Suggested Reading Schedule
1/13 – The starting line
1/20 – Complete Parts I & II (146 pages)
1/27 – Complete Part III (116 pages) & Check in hosted by The Bluestocking Society
2/3 – Complete Part IV (124 pages)
2/10 – Complete Part V (104 pages)
2/17 – Finish Part VI and the book (114 pages) & Check in hosted by It’s All About Books

Questions? Suggestions? Joining in? Please leave a comment below.

16 Responses to Wolf Hall Readalong

1. Kami says:

I have not heard of this book! I look forward to all the reviews.

2. Jenni Elyse says:

So, I can’t join in because I have too many books I need to get through as it is this month. But, I’m going to look this up because I’ve never heard about it and now I’m curious. Good luck with your read and I’ll look forward to your posts.

3. Jenny says:

If work wasn’t so freaking so crazy I’d join you. :-( have fun.

4. Rachel R says:

I’d love to join! I’ve read parts I & II already, but I’ll wait and review the material close to the date.

5. Iris says:

I’d love to join in! No guarantees that I’ll be able to actually stick to the schedule, but I’ll try.

6. Care says:

Darn, wish I could join in but I’m overloaded as it is. Have fun!

7. Amber Stults says:

I’m about 50 pages in and enjoying it so far.

8. Pingback: Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel | Amber Stults - Book Reviewer and Writer