Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Will Make You Cry
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish list meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
MY TOP 10 BOOKS THAT WILL MAKE YOU CRY
1. The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
I think I bawled the entire last 200 pages. Tears just streaming down my face.
2. The Road, by Cormac McCarthy
The man’s love for his child and his powerlessness just crush me every time.
3. The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green
I didn’t bawl over this one, but there were definitely tears shed.
4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, by J.K. Rowling
One word: Sirius.
5. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, by J.K. Rowling
One word: Dumbledore.
6. Charlotte’s Web, by E.B. White
7. Anne of Avonlea, by L.M. Montgomery
I didn’t cry over this when I was younger. But that ending, with Anne giving up her scholarship . . . sob.
8. The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern
This one just made me feel so many things that it came out as crying.
9. War Horse, by Michael Morpurgo
The book, being from the horse’s perspective, is much more effective than the movie.
10. We Need To Talk About Kevin, by Lionel Shriver
Uh, the ending to this one knocked me right over. Tears were thusly involved.
Okay, I know I’m missing some here. What books make you cry?