It’s time to look at my 2015 reading by the numbers.
Total Books Read = 75
Average Books Read Per Month = 6.25
Best Reading Month = January (13 books)
Worst Reading Month = April (1 book)
Total Pages Read = 23,456
Average Pages Per Book = 312.75
Average Pages Read Per Day = 64
Average Pages Read Per Month = 1,954.67
Total Chunksters (450+ pages) Read = 6
Genres (Age Groups?)
Total Adult Fiction Books Read = 40
Total New Adult Fiction Books Read = 1
Total YA Fiction Books Read = 14
Total Middle Grade Fiction Books Read = 9
Total Nonfiction Books Read = 11
Total Audio Books “Read” = 7
Total Ebooks Read = 32
Total Physical Books = 36
Total Graphic Novels Read = 0
Total Books Reread = 7
Total Review Books Read = 7
Total Library Books Read = 11
Total Books Read for Book Club = 17
Total Books Readaloud = 6
Total Books By Women = 57
Total Books By Men = 18
Total Books by New-to-Me Authors = 43
Total Books by Authors of Color = 7 (11%)
Total Books by Utah Authors = 11
Repeat Authors = 6
(Rainbow Rowell (4); Sue Bentley (3); Roald Dahl (2); Amy Finnegan (2); Julianne Donaldson (2); David Mitchell (2))
Total Books Read that I Own = 66
Total Books Read that I Don’t Own = 9
★★★★★ = 10
★★★★ = 42
★★★ = 22
★★ = 1
★ = 0
- I finally met my Goodreads goal of 75 books in a year!! Hip hip.
- I read way more ebooks this year (as a percentage) than in any previous year. Last year, ebooks were 24% of my reading, compared to 43% this year. I’ll be watching this number to see if this is a trend or an anomaly.
- Consistent with last year, my audio books were down. This year, at least, it was definitely attributable to all of the podcasts I listened to.
- I read WAY more female authors than male authors this year.
- I didn’t quite make my goal of having 18% of the books I read this year be by authors of color. The good news is that I stayed consistent with last year at 11%. I’d like to see that number be higher next year.
2015 was a great year! I enjoyed reading with all of you. Have a happy new year.